Improving your health does not have to involve going on a diet and an intense workout at the gym. You can make just small changes with certain lifestyle decisions throughout the day that can have a huge impact on your overall health status.
5 things you can do that can dramatically increase your overall health:
- Drink more water. Your body is mostly water so what do you think your cells are mostly composed of? Water! If you give your body what it needs, imagine how your body will feel! This change alone can play a huge role in your health and well-being. Drinking water instead of soda or fruit drinks may increase your energy level, increase your feelings of being full which can decrease your calorie intake, decrease headaches, increase ability to sleep, and decrease sugar cravings.
- Experiment with new fruits and vegetables. There are so many different fruits and vegetables to choose from that there is no way possible that you could get bored with all the different tastes and combinations you can make with what is available. Check out your local farmers market for produce that is locally grown meaning they have traveled less food miles. Recent studies have shown that as produce travels longer distances, it loses its nutrient value. So get the best nutrition for your buck and buy from farmers markets. Eating more fruits and vegetables can help with weight loss, increase energy, and feeling full faster and longer than with processed foods.
- Increase your physical activity. This does not mean you have to join a gym and start an intense workout! Little changes throughout the day can benefit your health in dramatic ways. Activities such as going for a walk, playing outside with your kids, dancing, taking the stairs instead of the elevator can all count for physical activity. Even housework counts! Getting physical activity can increase your energy level, increase your desire for healthier eating, and increase your ability to sleep at night. So get moving!
- Find enjoyment in your work. Is your career lined up with your passions, goals, and values? If not, it might be a great time to find something you enjoy doing. There are so many ways to work in this day that you can find a way to earn money doing what you love! Wouldn’t it be great to love what you are doing and get up in the morning excited about your work? By finding enjoyment in your work you can decrease your stress, decrease you blood pressure, increase your overall energy level, and love life! What is your passion!
- Take time to unwind and relax! We all have stressors in our lives that can affect the body with many physical problems. So stress management is vital! By dealing with stress appropriately you can decrease blood pressure, re-energize, increase ability to sleep, and help you deal with what life brings to you! So, take a bath, a walk, do yoga or meditation, laugh!
Do something great for your health! These 5 things will all add to an overall sense of well-being that can translate to all areas of your life!