Are you struggling to lose weight and figure out how to cut calories without giving up all the awesome food that you love?
Here are 5 simple strategies for cutting calories:
1. Would choosing 200 calories from chips or 200 calories from fruit be better? We all know the fruit option is healthier, but did you know you will be a lot more satisfied with 200 calories worth of fruit than with 200 calories of chips? How often do you stop at 13 chips that make up 200 calories and feel satisfied? At that point you are probably going to keep eating chips or need something else to help you feel full. On the other hand, 200 calories of fruit would be 2 medium sized apples. How would you feel different by eating chips verses eating 2 apples? Make you calories count by choosing the most nutrients you can get for your calories.
2. Make sure you account for the calories you drink! One can of soda has 140 empty calories. Water has zero calories. How much would you have to work out in order to burn off that one can of soda? Maybe think of it this way: would you rather be drinking your calories or savoring an awesome meal? Drink calories need to be accounted for when you are counting calories to lose weight. They can be hidden calories that can ruin any diet!
3. When choosing something to drink, choose water. Water is essential to your health and well-being. Our bodies are made up of about 70% water. It is imperative that you give your cells what they need to thrive. Get 64oz of water a day to keep your cells happy. Make sure it is water and not other drinks. Your body uses pure water better than any other liquid. Plus, water has zero calories and is necessary to any weight loss plan.
4. Control your portion size. Restaurant sized meals have become the new perceived standard portion size. The issue here comes when people start eating all of what is actually 2 or more servings. This leads to increased consumption of calories and a weight issue in our society. Learn what correct serving sizes are and eat accordingly in order to regain control of your health and your weight.
5. Don’t forget about calories that are hidden in condiments and dressings. These can be killer to any health or weight loss plan. Make sure you read the nutrition label to any topping or condiments you add to your meals. These can take you meal from healthy and diet friendly to diet killer!
When you are trying to regain your health and control your weight, it is very important to understand where your calories are coming from and how to get the most of the calories you can have on a daily basis that will aid your weight loss efforts. Make sure you remember to choose the most nutrient rich foods, count your drink calories, find hidden calories, and control your portion sizes in order to lose weight and keep it off.
Your turn! Leave me a comment below and let me know if you learned anything and how you are going to cut calories in your daily routine! Are you struggling with making healthy choices or are you on the road to success! Let me know and don’t forget to share this video and post with your friends!