Through my experiences in studying and putting into practice healthier living techniques, I have found it more and more vital for you to incorporate more green living into your lives.
No, I am not passionate about saving energy by buying a different light bulb or turning off the lights after I leave a room (my husband is the one who usually goes behind me turning them off).
These may be important for saving energy and I am not here to discredit their validity, however, it does not find its way up on my “important to do list”.
What I have learned and am very passionate about is limiting the amount of toxic chemicals that our families are bombarded with on a daily basis from cleaning products, to shampoo, food, and even cosmetics.
By cutting down on the potential exposure your family has to these dangerous chemicals, you are taking one more step to creating a lifetime of health for your family.
Today I really want to talk to you about how you clean your home and really rethinking what you view as clean.
What makes up a truly green clean home?
- A truly clean home will have no ingredients that will harm your family
- A truly clean home will have no ingredients that will hang around in your home environment to harm your family.
Let me tell you a little secret: that lemon-y clean smell that is advertised as clean and what you come to expect in your clean home actually consists of dangerous chemicals that are hanging around in your environment.
These chemicals are breathed in by your family and can lead to so many issues such as breathing problems, asthma, allergies, and many others that are all due to toxic chemical exposure.
So how do you protect your family from these chemicals and make sure your home is truly green clean?
- Research “what is green clean?” in order to understand that clean does not mean you have to use dangerous chemicals and smell it afterwards. Real clean is odorless. Remember how you felt the last time you were outdoors in the middle of nowhere or up in the mountains? Fresh and clean just feels light and airy not full of lemon chemicals.
- Decide right now to protect the health of your family by switching to green clean. (Switching to green clean does not sacrifice ability to actually clean…those chemicals don’t make it any better to clean your home)
- Start small by choosing one room in your house to green clean.
- Throw away any toxic chemicals and cleaning products in this room. Those that have “danger” and “caution” warning labels really do mean they are toxic for your family.
- Did you know cleaning manufacturers do not have to label all their ingredients that they use? They can easily be leaving out others you are not aware of that can be very hazardous to your health. Check out hpd.nlm.nih.gov to see what is in your cleaning products.
- Before throwing these products in the trash or dumping them down the sink which ends up leading back to our clean water, call your local sanitation department and dispose of them correctly.
- Buy green cleaning products that will be better for your whole family and may even ease a lot of the already existing conditions. A good brand that you can find at most stores is 7th generation. Otherwise Shaklee products are great (Shaklee.com).
Take the next step and start taking your family’s home environment and health seriously by making sure your home is as green clean as possible. Become green clean and finally be able to breathe in fresh air and live in a very clean environment!
YOUR TURN! Let me know what you think of this article by leaving a comment below! Are you green clean? If not, what is holding you back? Don’t forget to share this with your family and friends and help them protect the health of their families by “sharing the love” below!